MARSB seeks to stimulate the development of a more mature, sustainable supply chain through its five
- Seed Collection, Banking and Warehousing
- Seed Processing and Cleaning
- Marketplace Development
- Grower Support
- Native Plant Material (NPM) Research and Development
MARSB’s most pressing goals are:
- A greatly expanded seed collection program across the mid-Atlantic states.
- Formation of a regional, mid-Atlantic seed network, to bring together all of the necessary participants for a fully functioning native plant material supply chain.
- Development of an online marketplace where users and suppliers can communicate about supply and demand.
- Establishment of a regional clearinghouse for the essential technical information needed by growers to enter the market, specifically protocols for storage, germination, production and establishment of NPMs.
- Development of cooperative cleaning and seed storage facilities for both wild-sourced and increased seed.
- Workshops and individualized advisement to producers and potential producers on the methods of NPM production of both live plants and increased (bulked) seed